Summer 2018 Schedule Updates

Old Mar 18, 18, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Summer 2018 Schedule Updates

Final summer schedule loaded overnight it appears, so check your bookings people. Agents are going to be busy the next few days confirming schedule changes.

One update is the E175 appears to be rolling in gradually on SMF-PDX. Evening OAK-PDX flight moved from 7:20 to 8:12 - not excited about that but at least I'll finally be able to stop complaining about the Q400.
Old Mar 18, 18, 8:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
PDX-ANC going 4X daily.

Northbound schedule is great: departures at 6:00, noon, 6:30, and 9:20.

My my initial joy was tempered by the southbound schedule...🤢 Two redeyes and a 6:00 AM, followed by a 3:00 PM. Would much rather see the spring schedule, which is a redeye, noon, and 6:00 PM departure.
Old Mar 18, 18, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold75k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ucdtim17 View Post
One update is the E175 appears to be rolling in gradually on SMF-PDX. Evening OAK-PDX flight moved from 7:20 to 8:12 - not excited about that but at least I'll finally be able to stop complaining about the Q400.
Last Thursday, I was booked on the 6:32 OAK SEA flight but got done with my project very early so I SDC to the 12:50 flight. It was raining though, 880 was essentially a parking lot and I realized that by the time I got gas, returned the rental car, went thru Pre (if open and no Norwegian flight happening) that I would most likely miss the flight by 3-5 minutes. So I called while on the freeway and we explored other options including changing airports
and ended up going with that afternoon OAK PDX flight on the Q400, then take the PDX SEA shuttle. If that is your regular flight, I do not blame you for hoping for the E175! (by that time though I was just thrilled to be getting home without a 5 hr layover at OAK)
Old Mar 18, 18, 9:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott LT Gold
Just looking at random dates, I'm seeing a few SEA-SJC frequencies on Airbus and so is SEA-IAD (!)
Old Mar 18, 18, 9:43 am
formerly ASTechGuy

Thanks, OP, for the heads-up! After manually refreshing the trips on my phone, I saw one trip in August with a minor time change (easily changed via the app) and a second trip in August which required that I call in. My family's direct SJD-SEA (stop in SJC) had been turned in to a 4-hour SJC connection (yikes!), but we were able to find something sort of suitable; a 3-hour connection in SFO. Ugh... That should be 'just' enough time to navigate the whole dysfunctional terminal change with kids/wife in tow. Not sure why all the direct flights from SJD to SEA are gone now... I get that the nonstops are winter-only, but it used to be that half the flights departing SJD continued to either PDX or SEA. Now, they all terminate in California. Weird...
Old Mar 18, 18, 11:49 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Schedule change BS or fact?

Boy am I glad I saw this thread.

On the itin in question, they first changed us, without our knowledge or permission, to the day before! After I said no way to that, we started looking for alternatives on the day we wanted.

Next problem was, keeping the same city pairs, the flight times were horrible. So I saw some that had great times, but different connection points.

We had used GGU's plus a companion fare on this itin, and she told me we could ONLY keep our F seats if there was upgradeable space! Even though it was their schedule change!? Is that right? So I had to accept horrible times that had upgradeable space.

She put me on hold and came back and said that was correct!
Old Mar 18, 18, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP
SFO and LAX to SLC is going from main line to E75!

SFO to ABQ is moving to prime day day flight instead of evening out and early morning back.
Old Mar 18, 18, 1:18 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by PacNWFlyer View Post
That should be 'just' enough time to navigate the whole dysfunctional terminal change with kids/wife in tow. Not sure why all the direct flights from SJD to SEA are gone now...
You might want to check SJD-SNA-SEA. It's the same plane and SNA customs was deserted when I cleared there a few years ago. I'm also seeing a same plane, one stop through SJC. Not sure what days you're flying, but the SNA flight operates Su, M, W and F and the SJC one stop operates every day except Saturday.
Old Mar 18, 18, 2:37 pm
formerly ASTechGuy

Originally Posted by tusphotog View Post
You might want to check SJD-SNA-SEA. It's the same plane and SNA customs was deserted when I cleared there a few years ago. I'm also seeing a same plane, one stop through SJC. Not sure what days you're flying, but the SNA flight operates Su, M, W and F and the SJC one stop operates every day except Saturday.
Well that explains it, then (we're coming home from SJD on a Saturday.) Good to know that the options are better for many of the other days of the week.
Old Mar 18, 18, 2:59 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Lol, I got my text in the middle of the night that my flight, SEA-LIH, had been cancelled, and I was booked on a new one. I looked it up, same departure time, arrives 1 minute earlier. Whew. Made me a little nervous.
Old Mar 18, 18, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I just got a confirmation of someone else's schedule update. More AS computer issues
Old Mar 18, 18, 8:17 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Virgin America Elevate Gold (Founding Member)
Where are you guys checking these? Expert Flyer?
Old Mar 18, 18, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Two schedule changes, two $75 discount certificates. Ch-ching.

ETA: SFO-FLL is back on the schedule.
SFOPeter likes this.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 18, 18 at 9:17 pm
Old Mar 18, 18, 9:46 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ti
Originally Posted by FluxTZ View Post
Where are you guys checking these? Expert Flyer?
They're probably looking at this or something like it: OAG Changes 3/18/2018:DL Adds BOS-LAS, SLC-ELP for Fall; SY Adds SAN-SJD - Airliners.net
Old Mar 18, 18, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
Two schedule changes, two $75 discount certificates. Ch-ching.

ETA: SFO-FLL is back on the schedule.
How are discount codes coming from schedule changes? Don't recall this for me before- did you call or was it automatic?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: