FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Exit Row briefing
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:55 pm
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman

If it involves the safety of hundreds of people, I vehemently disagree. And how do you know it's only one infraction? Maybe this FA never gives a briefing.
First, "benefit of the doubt" implies that you don't know. And it's why I don't have a problem if someone feels they need to report it.

I believe in following rules. The FAA set a rule, and FA's should do it. I'm not sure I believe it actually impacts the safety of hundreds of people, unless the person seated in the exit row doesn't understand the primary language of the flight crew, which is part of the reason they ask the question. I'm not debating if the FA was wrong to skip it, just not sure I'd put someone's job (rent, mortgage, family, etc.) at risk if all other rules were followed on the flight. I've forgotten to do something that I've realized and regretted later. It happens to most of us once in a while. I'm not required to report the FA as a passenger, it's my choice. The same way I don't report every driver who does a rolling stop at a stop sign or turns on a red light when there's a sign prohibiting it, both of which are safety issues impacting other people.