FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Express business class experience
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:32 am
frogster

Programs: *G, OWS
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You'll be sitting in the first rows of seats, and probably blissfully unaware that you are getting any special treatment. There's no guarantee the neighbouring seat will be kept free: if the flight's busy, it won't be. The meal service isn't designed to overwhelm, though it will be a notch up from what people seated behind you are getting. They'll be more generous with the booze, if that's a consolation.

Difficult to place a value on it. Unless you need the points/baggage allowance, or you've already got STAR status for whatever frills you can generate, then the business-class experience can't be worth more than the low tens of euros. I'd give EUR10
I'm a *G so most of the "perks" I receive in the back as well. If they don't even do seat blocking, 10-20 Euros for a 3 hour flight sounds about right - perhaps a bit more depending on the miles I'd receive.
Today the price difference is up to 220 Euros (travelling with my SO, meaning 440 for 2 tickets) there's no way I'd consider paying that much more for no discernible difference in the product...