TAP Express business class experience

Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, OWS
TAP Express business class experience

Ive got a few upcoming flights on TAP Express op by Portugalia. For one of the flights choosing Business class was a no brainer (its cheaper than Economy Classic), for the others Im thinking about upgrading. Unfortunately I havent been able to find any reviews (only mainline).
What is the business class experience on a Portugalia ERJ 190 like? Same low standard as on most intra-EU flights like the blocked neighboring seat, hot food and booze or do they manage to offer even less?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by frogster
I’ve got a few upcoming flights on TAP Express op by Portugalia. For one of the flights choosing Business class was a no brainer (it’s cheaper than Economy Classic), for the others I’m thinking about upgrading. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find any reviews (only mainline).
What is the business class experience on a Portugalia ERJ 190 like? Same low standard as on most intra-EU flights like the blocked neighboring seat, hot food and booze or do they manage to offer even less?
You'll be sitting in the first rows of seats, and probably blissfully unaware that you are getting any special treatment. There's no guarantee the neighbouring seat will be kept free: if the flight's busy, it won't be. The meal service isn't designed to overwhelm, though it will be a notch up from what people seated behind you are getting. They'll be more generous with the booze, if that's a consolation.

Difficult to place a value on it. Unless you need the points/baggage allowance, or you've already got STAR status for whatever frills you can generate, then the business-class experience can't be worth more than the low tens of euros. I'd give EUR10
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, OWS
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You'll be sitting in the first rows of seats, and probably blissfully unaware that you are getting any special treatment. There's no guarantee the neighbouring seat will be kept free: if the flight's busy, it won't be. The meal service isn't designed to overwhelm, though it will be a notch up from what people seated behind you are getting. They'll be more generous with the booze, if that's a consolation.

Difficult to place a value on it. Unless you need the points/baggage allowance, or you've already got STAR status for whatever frills you can generate, then the business-class experience can't be worth more than the low tens of euros. I'd give EUR10
I'm a *G so most of the "perks" I receive in the back as well. If they don't even do seat blocking, 10-20 Euros for a 3 hour flight sounds about right - perhaps a bit more depending on the miles I'd receive.
Today the price difference is up to 220 Euros (travelling with my SO, meaning 440 for 2 tickets) there's no way I'd consider paying that much more for no discernible difference in the product...
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by frogster
Today the price difference is up to 220 Euros (travelling with my SO, meaning 440 for 2 tickets) there's no way I'd consider paying that much more for no discernible difference in the product...
Yikes! that would be a silly price to pay! I'm guessing TP expects to sell business-class seats on those services on married sectors connecting through Lisbon to/from Brasil etc
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:43 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Question Portugalia "free adjacent seat"

Did anything change ?

After making a reservation on the TAP website including a Portugalia E195 flight, I was very surprised when checking the booking on the TAP app after clicking "passenger info" under executive "seat reservation" it shows "free adjacent seat" . (specifically for the Portugalia segment)

Mistake ?

Last edited by behuman; Jun 22, 2022 at 8:46 am
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
To help maintain my *G with A3, after I do the 4 compuslory A3 sectors, I then fly TAP in business class (LIS-YYZ) and I have NEVER been disappointed with those 2 RT flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.