FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Formatting commands no longer work
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:07 am
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by lo2e
I'm going to try to take a stab at it. Is below how you want it to look other than omitting the quote at the very top of the post? I had to add in some additional blank spaces to separate some of the lines.

According to multiple witnesses, the family repeatedly told the FA it was a dog in the carrier. She either tuned them out or didn't care, but did insist on the dog carrier going into the overhead bin.

As for the FAA, here's the Federal Aviation Administration has to say about pets in the cabin:

What are the FAA rules regarding traveling with pets in the passenger cabin?

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) allows each airline to decide if they will allow you to travel with your pet in the passenger cabin. If an airline does allow you to bring your pet into the cabin, we consider your pet container to be carry-on baggage and you must follow all carry on baggage rules (14 CFR part 121, section 121.589):
  • Your pet container must be small enough to fit underneath the seat without blocking any person's path to the main aisle of the airplane.
  • Your pet container must be stowed properly before the last passenger entry door to the airplane is closed in order for the airplane to leave the gate.
  • Your pet container must remain properly stowed the entire time the airplane is moving on the airport surface, and for take off and landing.
  • You must follow flight attendant instructions regarding the proper stowage of your pet container.
So according to federal regulations, passengers are required to do with the FA tells them to do with the pet carrier.

That rule may be why United stepped up and assumed full responsibility for the dog's death: the passengers were complying with federal regulations and their employee was not.
No, it should have been offset to the right from "What are" through the end of the bulleted list. I've used the offset text button a number of times over the years and until the recent update, it worked as expected. Now it works until I click submit, then vanishes.