FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dog dies on IAH-LGA after FA supposedly insisted pax store dog overhead
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:02 am
CALMSP

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by raehl311
If you hear a dog whimpering in the overhead bin, and you allow that situation to continue until the dog dies, that's your fault. Every person, including anyone telling the story. So that person who tweeted about it? They are equally to blame.

If I were on that flight that carrier would have been out of the overhead bin the second the seatbelt sign was off, if I hadn't noticed before take-off.

The airline is not at fault here. Take some responsibility for yourself.
agree with you, but the entire environment regarding FA's is threats towards passengers of being thrown in jail or other disciplinary action by the authorities if you don't listen to every word a FA tells you, regardless of whatever that may be. (myself would have never ever put an animal in the bin and would have said I would leave the plane instead, or disobeyed the FA if inflight and kept the dog under the seat, but maybe thats b/c I know what the actual policy is).