FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Platinum Sign Up Bonus Removed After Review
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:19 am
ValueAdd82

Originally Posted by supergabe
I had a similar situation on an Amex business card. I crossed the spend threshold almost immediately, but made a refund of one of the charges. The sign up bonus points posted, then were removed, and I received an email from Amex warning me that gaming the points system was grounds for suspension of my account. I was a little offended by the email. After the next charge posted and I was above the spend threshold, the points automatically posted again.
​​​This is really interesting. I just bought a 150k mailer, 100k/50k for $10k/$10k. I was able to put a $9k flight on there almost immediately, plus some other spending, so the 100k bonus posted pretty quickly. Naturally my trip was canceled and now I have to refund the flight, which I assumed was going to be a massive PITA. Your DP suggests that I might have some luck MSing a big WM charge of about the same amount to post about the same time the refund clears and hope the points go away and come back nicely. A manual review would be a big problem but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.