FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Premier & Hertz Offer
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:46 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I wish Hertz could do a better job on delivering benefits for President's Circle or at least providing points for rentals at franchise locations I have to admit that Hertz has come through for me when I've needed it.

For example: I had a last-minute business trip to Honolulu. None of the Hertz branches were showing availability. I found the President's Circle telephone number -- I've subsequently lost it -- and the agent booked me a car after I invoked the 48-hour guarantee. Another instance was when I booked a car for pick-up at one airport and return at another airport. For whatever reason, the pick-up branch changed my reservation and had me returning it there. I never authorized the change. When I returned the car, I was told I was being charged a $900 fee for returning a rental to the wrong location. After a quick call to the general manager of the branch, the charge was voided.

And as I said earlier, I get really good treatment as a President's Circle customer in the U.K. I can't drive a manual-transmission car so between booking an automatic and my status, I've always been upgraded to a Mercedes sedan or SUV when renting out of the Hertz branches at the Edinburgh and Manchester airports. The SUVs are always nice because in the spring and summer I often save money by sleeping in the car instead of a hotel, as there's really no point to getting a hotel for only 4-5 hours of sleeping.