Platinum Premier & Hertz Offer

Old Mar 15, 18, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Platinum Premier & Hertz Offer

Been a Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite a couple of years, but finally get around to using some of the partner perks such as United Silver status.

New card arrives and the check box benefit list indicates that Premier elites get "Five Star" status with Hertz, Yet further down in my brochure it says "Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Presidents Circle Status"

The later is Hertz's highest tier. Wondering if this is true or a misprint. Or is this President's Circle offer a one time perk that reverts to Gold after your first usage year that must be earned thereafter. The Hertz site doesn't clarify this.

Not sure if this Hertz perk will be useful, but I'll give it a shot.

We find the United Airline Silver perk useful for certain itineraries as we're mostly AA flyers. But we do gain some benefit for an up-coming flight.

thx

Barry
Old Mar 15, 18, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
First of all, if you're truly "lifetime platinum premier" then you're the first one ever.

Regarding Hertz status, if you're getting that gifted through United then silver will most definitely NOT be matched to President's Circle.
SCEflyer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 18, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman View Post
First of all, if you're truly "lifetime platinum premier" then you're the first one ever.

Regarding Hertz status, if you're getting that gifted through United then silver will most definitely NOT be matched to President's Circle.
Thanks for the icy response, But this link takes you to Marriott's Lifetime Status Page. Lifetime Marriott status is a real thing & any long time Marriott customer be they a road warrior or a timeshare customer can attain it over time.

If you read my post correctly, you'll see that I reference United Silver status as one of the perks offered to platinum elites that I had ignored until recently.

My inquiry about Hertz has nothing to do with United as you imply. But my question about what status a premier elite receives from Hertz still stands as the Marriott brochure refers to 2 different levels.

My attributions come straight off of the Platinum premier info kit that Marriott sends so blame Marriott for my lexicon.

Can't say thanks for your help, but hopefully you now comprehend my question.
Old Mar 16, 18, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman View Post
Originally Posted by jerseyfinn View Post
Thanks for the icy response, But this link takes you to Marriott's Lifetime Status Page. Lifetime Marriott status is a real thing & any long time Marriott customer be they a road warrior or a timeshare customer can attain it over time.
Lifetime Platinum ELITE does and has existed for quite some time. There has been talk about a lifetime status for Platinum Premier, but as DJ_Iceman stated, this is the first anyone has claimed having the status. Some will take exception to the least little thing.
Old Mar 16, 18, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SW A-list, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
I think we can all agree that the OP is some level of Lifetime Platinum and/or Platinum Premier...but does anybody know the answer to his question about Hertz? (which I think would be the same for either LTP or PP). When you sign up for Hertz matching, what status do you get?
Old Mar 16, 18, 2:57 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Lifetime Platinum Premier
No such status. Not a real thing.

"Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Presidents Circle Status"

The later is Hertz's highest tier.
President's Circle the highest earnable tier, but invitation-only Platinum status is above it.

As to your question...Marriott Rewards and SPG Platinum members are eligible for Hertz Five Star, and Platinum Premier and Platinum Ambassador members for Hertz President’s Circle.

Last edited by dayone; Mar 16, 18 at 3:49 pm Reason: Typo.
Old Mar 16, 18, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Glob Lite "riff-raff"
Accor Platinum status also provides Hertz Presidents Circle Status, for members living outside of the U.S. It appears to be permanent, as long as you hold the hotel status.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...ighlight=Hertz
Old Mar 16, 18, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Hertz has really started to give its top-level President's Circle status away. It started maybe three or four years ago with Delta top-level diamonds getting it, regardless if they ever rented a car with Hertz.

I've been President's Circle since it was first offered to me via Delta but have re-qualified on my own every year. I rent a lot of cars.

For the most part, it's never meant much except in the United Kingdom, where it's always scored me an upgrade from a a VW Golf or Ford Focus automatic transmission to a Mercedes sedan or Mercedes SUV. Also, some of the smaller Hertz branches take extremely good care of their President's Circle customers. For the most part, I find the airport branches don't care much.

Just be sure you make reservations at "corporate" Hertz branches, as reservations at franchise branches don't get you points.
Old Mar 16, 18, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Hertz has really started to give its top-level President's Circle status away. It started maybe three or four years ago with Delta top-level diamonds getting it, regardless if they ever rented a car with Hertz.

I've been President's Circle since it was first offered to me via Delta but have re-qualified on my own every year. I rent a lot of cars.
They need to give it away ... in some respects, President's Circle is like being Plat Premier (or like being a Platinum at a W). You never know what will happen. Sir, we've upgraded you from a Ford Fusion to a new Nissan Versa .... or you can pick any car from the area which has nothing better than what you rented.

Then again, the President's Circle benefits are published. After years of renting 50-60 times a year from Hertz, last year I rented 4 times with the main reason being that they almost never deliver published benefits. And ... nary a contact wondering why the drop. In contrast, Marriott almost always delivers its published benefits.
Old Mar 16, 18, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Marriott Plate Elite gives Hertz 5-Star. Being lifetime plat, you'll get Hertz 5-star annually as long as that is a benefit.

However, as others said/implied, being 5-star really isn't much of a benefit with Hertz. Presidents Circle should really be the benefit for Marriott Plat since its easier to get through other partners like being a Plat or Diamond with Delta. These days Pres Circle might get you something, but 5-star really doesn't get you anything extra.
Old Mar 17, 18, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I wish Hertz could do a better job on delivering benefits for President's Circle or at least providing points for rentals at franchise locations I have to admit that Hertz has come through for me when I've needed it.

For example: I had a last-minute business trip to Honolulu. None of the Hertz branches were showing availability. I found the President's Circle telephone number -- I've subsequently lost it -- and the agent booked me a car after I invoked the 48-hour guarantee. Another instance was when I booked a car for pick-up at one airport and return at another airport. For whatever reason, the pick-up branch changed my reservation and had me returning it there. I never authorized the change. When I returned the car, I was told I was being charged a $900 fee for returning a rental to the wrong location. After a quick call to the general manager of the branch, the charge was voided.

And as I said earlier, I get really good treatment as a President's Circle customer in the U.K. I can't drive a manual-transmission car so between booking an automatic and my status, I've always been upgraded to a Mercedes sedan or SUV when renting out of the Hertz branches at the Edinburgh and Manchester airports. The SUVs are always nice because in the spring and summer I often save money by sleeping in the car instead of a hotel, as there's really no point to getting a hotel for only 4-5 hours of sleeping.
Old Mar 17, 18, 7:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
All this is probably better in the Hertz forum, but as a Prem Plat, I took advantage of the Hertz President Circle match. Overall, it has gotten much better with the expansion of Ultimate Choice areas.

And in the smaller airports where Ultimate Choice isn't available, I have received VERY nice upgrades.

YMMV, but I am happy with the perk.
Old Mar 17, 18, 7:09 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
[President's Circle] has gotten much better with the expansion of Ultimate Choice areas.

And in the smaller airports where Ultimate Choice isn't available, I have received VERY nice upgrades.

YMMV, but I am happy with the perk.
+1.
Old Mar 27, 18, 7:17 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Has anyone had a problem with this status match getting updated for Platinum Premier's?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: