FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Change
Thread: Same Day Change
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:39 pm
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Shawn02139
Thanks AutoSlash. Two more questions. First, it that was hard for me to figure out on the website. Is there a fee to 'redeposit' points for award tickets that are flex and cancelled?
Yes, I believe there is a redeposit fee that varies based on the price of your ticket and it aligns with the change fees listed here, but I am not 100% sure as their website is not specific about this. You'd have to call to confirm. Mosaics likely have it waived, but again, you'd need to confirm.

Second, if I'm mosaic, and I want to change 24 hour in advance for no fee, do I still have to pay fare difference? Or if there is any open seat, I can move to that?
Mosaics can change to any flight on the same day that has a seat available without a fee (i.e. NO fare difference). This is a confirmed change--not standby. You can call up to 24 hours prior to your originally scheduled flight departure time to make the change.

The latter would be a pretty good deal for the regional jet routes, since you are not worried about getting stuck in a middle seat...
It's more about getting on the flight than moving to any open seat, but yes, you can re-book any flight that has seats, and you can choose any available non-EMS seat for no charge. If you want EMS comped, you can ask the gate (nicely) and they usually will accommodate you if one is available.