FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F Galleries Lounge T5 guest behaviour
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:58 am
ratypus

Programs: BAEC Gold
as for the more general topic - I totally get that it's sometimes essential to make calls etc. from the lounge: we've all had to do it, especially when travelling on business (which tends in my experience to happen around times of high deal activity - negotiations and the like) - but some obvious rules:

1. use a headset
2. use a high quality headset that doesn't require you to speak any louder than quiet conversation volume!
3. go to a quieter corner of the lounge / terrace if you can find one
4. be unobtrusive - I tend to hide in one of the apron-facing armchairs in GF if I have to make calls; walking around with your headset on barking out stuff is just dumb
5. keep it CONFIDENTIAL - I cannot tell you the number of times I overhear things which are clearly very confidential...in a couple of cases related to deals where I'm working for another party...the mind boggles.
6. bottom line - no-one else is impressed by you, or your work, or your life; however important you may be to yourself and your loved ones, to everyone else you are just a piece of lounge furniture, an incidental feature of their own life and journey through the airport; meat in the room - don't burst their bubble; the minute anyone else notices you, it's because they think you're annoying, not impressive...

Er, that's it. Some people never learn.