FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NOLA car rental starting 4/1/18 (Easter Sunday)--nope
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:55 am
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by jg70124
You might check for (free) street parking on Crozat between Canal and Bienville, around the corner from your hotel. It's a short street with very little traffic. I've frequently been successful there for evening shows at the Saenger, and I've seen FQ restaurant workers park there, too.
I agree, you may be able to find legal and free street parking on the weekend. That said, if you do try for street parking...
  • Read the signs carefully.
  • It's not posted, but in New Orleans, it's illegal to park within 20 feet of a crosswalk. At some corners, you'll see a yellow triangle designating the prohibited space, but even if it's not painted, it's still illegal. One car length from the crosswalk (or 2 from the corner) is a good estimate.
  • If you do somehow end up with a ticket, pay it promptly. Fines usually double after 14 days, and if it gets sent to the rental car company, you'll have a bunch of fees from them too.
  • If you park on the street, do not leave anything at all visible inside the car. Even something innocuous like a jacket or a phone charger can attract thieves. This advice also applies for parking in an unmanned lot.