FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:07 pm
nichelle

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
@nichelle, I will be interested to hear about MU flight. I thought I might do one of those this year just to keep DM (had MQM but was gonna need MQD's)
Wondered if there really is smoking by the pilots on those flights. In the end I grabbed a few flights from AM that is gonna get me the MQD needed.
I still remember we met (boarding) on a SIN run last year (or was it the year before) when you were also booked for another one later. Glad I took a few of those SIN run and got the 74 UD a few times. Well worth it for sure.
Hey, yes I remember you! I hope you're doing well. When we met I hadn't yet flown on the UD. I eventually did a run as much for the upper deck as for the miles. And I'm really glad I did too! What an awesome plane that was. And to top it off, last year I went to Vietnam on a great fare and received an operational upgrade to the upper deck on the return flight when they were oversold. To say the least, it was a pleasant surprise. I actually received an op-up both directions (different plane type on the way over) so I flew Business class for about $500. Those are the things that make keeping Diamond worth it. I understand that it's not worth it for all, but if I can manage to keep it, I'll give it a shot.

As far as MU, I read about the smoking. But the more recent reviews I found said it was less of a problem so my fingers are crossed. I'm booking a May trip so I'll let you know how it goes.