FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Self-upgrading Okay for Kids?
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:37 am
thibderoc

Programs: Some...
[QUOTE=Low Roller;29502670][QUOTE] I'm more disturbed about the lesson that it is teaching the child. Not only did the father abandon him (and presumably whoever else was flying with him) in order to enjoy the comforts of J, but then he teaches the kid that it's ok to move up front if there are any empty seats. For those of you who use the "he's only a kid" argument, just remember that he won't be a kid forever. He will be an entitled teen in a few years and an entited adult a few years after that.

How is this twisting or inventing the facts? Seriously, that is exactly what happened. The father chose to fly in the comfort of J and made the kid slum it in Y.
I do agree with Low Roller : AC (nor any other major airlines) wouldn't let a 6yrs old kid fly alone in the back, even if the father is in the front. So the kid must have been with someone...
So, the assumption is probably correct.

And now, I'll do another assumption (and this time, just for fun). Let's assume he was with his mum. I would have loved to be there when the husband was telling his wife that he will fly in First class while she stays with the kid in the back