FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:29 pm
crackjack

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I was totally panned for calling out the pre-renovation lounge dining which had become disgusting but glad to see other experienced travelers ended up agreeing with me.
Not sure about being ’panned’, but your original statement that: “frankly that old mh first class lounge had also turned into a real dump!” definitely needed some elucidation.

The only removal of facilities seems to be the day rooms (and smoking area...), and if someone needs more than a few hours for a nap - which is still possible at the lounge, albeit with less privacy -, the Sama-Sama Express, or a hotel outside the airport, has always been a better choice.

On the food... I was never a fan of their steak (if Pampas can do it, so can MH!), but the food was acceptable when I had it (and much better than the Business Class lounge’s offerings!). But, service / food quality can definitely vary over time, think the last time I was in the dinner room was ~8 months ago. Hope to hear good things on the food as well, particularly as the C side’s food Has gotten a clear upgrade.

Last edited by crackjack; Mar 7, 2018 at 4:45 pm