FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Online upgrade not available".
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:43 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by SS255
I've been trying for the past 3 days (since booking) to upgrade a reservation using RPU's. Instead of the typical "Waitlist only," the option is "Online upgrade not available." .bomb allows me to select the RPU's, but not complete the purchase. (If I want to fork over $450+ in each direction, it will gladly allow me to complete that purchase. )

Has anybody else successfully applied RPU's or GPU's in the past 3 days? Ordinarily I would just call, but with the weather waiver and impending Nor'Easter, I would prefer not to exhaust phone resources for a trip in June. On the other hand, the sooner I waitlist, the sooner I can delude myself into thinking that if R availability opens up, my RPU's will clear.
I applied several over the weekend. You are 1K so you should have minimal wait as I did. Of course none of the flights I applied them to had R space but I tend to think as you do in that I as well "delude myself into thinking that if R availability opens up my RPU will clear".