FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My trivial gripe. What's yours?
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:48 pm
985X

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
I'm sure Eva and Asiana don't. And they only offer one option on short-hauls like TPE-PVG or ICN-PVG. Still tasty though. The problem of UA is that the 2nd option is vegan! From all the airlines I've flown so far, UA is the only airline that offers vegan meal as a 2nd option. Virgin Atlantic has vegan option as well, but they serve beef or chicken apart from that. I think other passengers need as much protein as I do, serving vegan meal across all INTL destinations doesn't make sense. I am not flying Air India, and even in China where a lot of people believe in buddhism, vegan option is only available through requesting special meals. I've never been served vegan meal "by default" on all Chinese carriers.

Originally Posted by dmo580
Does Eva or Asiana offer more than 2 options? With that said either option on both of those airlines is delicious. When I was still in school I'd almost always ask for a 2nd portion on Eva. It's solidly good food. The problem with UA's Y food is that it's not only bad, but it's worse than any of those fast food chains out there. Like I'd rather they just serve Sbarro's for Italian or Panda Express for Chinese and it'd be infinitely better than the dog food they serve.