FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts Thread 2018
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:21 pm
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

She , sadly , isn’t the first of the new / non Aman background GMs to have done so .

An example of an email trail or lack there of which was actually begun by another veteran GM making an introduction ..
Not only not replying after the will get back “ shortly “ bit , but when another long serving team member enquired why they had not seen us in a bit & realised the faux pas . However , the situation was made even worse . The HM replied in a some cookie cutter manner & another FTer in a similar boat received the same email , just having our names changed !

They fail to note that we are Amanjunkies . When combined as FTer , well

“ Recently “ , Aman has failed to retain some good management & has instead ‘ promoted ‘ some rather green ones .
Thankfully , we still have some GMs who have the Aman ethos - whatever is left of it ?
I know these are very busy people. I get that. But, when did common courtesy and email etiquette go out the window? Mine was a physical letter that I actually took some time to praise the great staff members, great food and write about the no-so-great spots. I never really thought a senior Japanese hotelier could half heartedly do something but this took the cake. I've seen it all now.