FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:33 pm
nldogbert

Originally Posted by escape4
I was in the F lounge for breakfast and I did not notice any major difference in menu except that the buffet in the dining room which used to have fruits, yogurt, and pastries is now gone. Everything is a la carte. The main change in the lounge is new furniture. Toilets and showers are nice. Overall I am surprised that the lounge was closed for so long given that the changes are not as major as I expected. The lounge was already quite good and I do not think it's massively different now.
Although I have not seen or used the renovated lounge, but from all the photos seen, it does seem that indeed the F section did not get much upgrade - but on the other hand, I do agree with you on the point that the pre-renovated lounge was already good. I guess they just needed to align the design with the regional lounge and the J-lounge and they had to close it so long because it is connected to the J-lounge which looks to have the most improvements. However post-renovation, the lounge does look slightly more luxurious and does incorporate the different elements of the Malaysian design.
Glad to see that they removed the buffet area - which I've never really seen anyone pick anything from it since there was always someone taking orders from the seat or already had food in the dining area.

Did they remove also the buffet in the dining area? There used to be a small buffet there too.

Too bad that I will not be able to see for myself the renovated lounges for some time - no trips planned to that part of the world so far for the coming months.

Cheers!