FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts Thread 2018
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:43 am
junkiepusher

Originally Posted by Aventine
Last Monday 6pm I was prepared to pay the Aman premium in Tokyo. Honestly, I thought with their hardware and upgraded service that it was time to spend for an Aman experience.I was blown away by the hardware - lobby, lounge, poolside, changing rooms. Just mesmerized. The level of attentiveness paid to a spa guest +1 was astonishing. Dinner was a delightful experience with Tokyo demonstrating Aman's renown flexibility and willingness to please. It really did envoke the memories of Aman past for me.

Just the lowly response of their GM to my personal letter probably means I would never give them a cent in the future beyond our Arva dinner. We're not perennial Junkies like some of you but we do have some stays under our belt and I can't imagine Nicolas or Ian doing what she did. They would definitely be in touch (I left two telephone numbers) and definitely write back in their own handwriting.

Aman Tokyo is done to me.
i must say I'm not very impressed by Marc either. Only Benio and Miki Inayoshi have wowed us in terms of service there.