FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parents in F, kids in back?
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:59 am
buckybadger

Originally Posted by passy777
Each to their own of course, but I would never dream of dumping the kids in Y while lording it up in the front. When my kids were little, we did things together AS A FAMILY. It's unfair on them and to the passengers around them - irrespective of how well behaved they are.

If cost is the issue, then all the family should travel down the back - or don't have kids.
Could you clarify this point? I don't understand how it's unfair to other passengers to have three presumably well-behaved young men eating plane food and watching movies on tablets in an economy cabin with them? The kids will I'm sure be seated together and most likely in a block of 3. They will have no influence or effect on any of the other passengers.

I just don't see the problem here. Kids are kids. Parents are parents. Kids get old safe used cars. Parents get whatever car they want and can afford. Parents go out to nice dinners while kids get babysat at home. Parents get to buy whatever they want from Amazon. Kids have to ask permission. Kids aren't adults. This arrangement seems completely reasonable to me. I flew alone as a young and then older teenager lots of times and I was just fine in coach.

(All assumes that the kids are well behaved and can be trusted to do this - which is something that only the parents can know and I trust the OPs judgement on this.)