FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM intra europe - a poor product?
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:38 am
AlicorporateUK

Originally Posted by NickB
I am not especially enamoured of KL's food but these are the kind of things on which different people will have different views. On transfers, I find CDG pretty painless these days and I don't find AMS much superior on that front anymore. The one thing on which KL is, imo, manifestly below par compared to other major European airlines is lounges and in particular the very low quality of catering in Crown lounges at AMS: very limited choices and canteen slop-style of food for the warm dishes. Not the end of the world but to me KL is decidedly average: I will neither avoid them nor make special efforts to fly them. They're OK but no more than that.
Agreed. Whilst generally speaking I'm not particularly keen on lounge food, I do however spend a significant amount of time in airports and, as such, lounges do also play their part when it comes to choosing airline A or airline B. The Crown lounges are possibly the worst in terms of food plus the rather noisy environment makes them far from appealing, reason why I tend to avoid KLM (when I can, needless to say). That aside, they have a pretty decent UK network and transferring at Schiphol is pretty plain sailing so, as you say, average overall.

G