FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM intra europe - a poor product?
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:52 am
Solevita

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I've had Cityhopper flights board from the terminal directly, on the far side of B gates.

Seat selection I think is possible with AF but more expensive than KL.
Must just be lucky me that gets the Cityhoppers from the dungeons of B1-6

As for AF, I mean it's not possible full stop. One of the advertised advantages of Elite and Elite+ is the ability to select standard seats at least for free in advance. However AF seem to not open up selection until checkin. Tomorrow I'm flying 3 AF legs, both HOP and AF. None of them allowed seat selection before checkin. The 2 KLM legs I'm flying tomorrow I've been able to pick a seat from booking, as always happens with KLM. I have been able to pick seats in advance on AF, but that's definitely an exception rather than standard.

What really got me today, was checkin opened for my 1st AF flight 00.15 this morning. It's departing from GOT, so there's no logical way of connecting to this flight thus being able to checkin earlier. I completed checkin within 2 minutes, noticed when selecting seats that several were already unavailable, and when I got the boarding pass emailed at 00.17 I was sequence 16? Were there really 15 others with nothing better to do at 00.15 than wait for checkin to open and beat me? AF certainly operate in mysterious ways!