FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM intra europe - a poor product?
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:36 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by irishguy28
There's no need for another security screening for *any* EU flights (except for spotchecks or temporary measures on certain destinations)

The need for a security check only arises if you originate in AMS, or arrive from an untrusted country. All EU countries are on the trusted list.
Well in theory if one counts "connecting" as on two separate tickets, you could have to do so if your outbound is leaving from the LCC part.

Originally Posted by AJCNL
Yep, KL intra-Europe is as good as or better than most of their competitors.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Mcflyneo
eco-comfort differences and availability cityhopper-klm intra europe, not so solid imo. i'm more comfortable on an AF airbus than a klm 737 sardine can. does klm have USB option on any intra-european flight?
KLM 737 is vastly more comfortable in the front than any AF A32f I've been on, and at worst, comparable in the back. I don't know about A320s in the front as I've never been able to get a seat in front of the wing on AF.
Plus the fee to reserve EC seat on KLM is still less than a regular seat on AF.

USB I don't think so. But on a shourthaul I don't miss it.

Originally Posted by Solevita
I find KLM in EC is plenty fine. I'm fairly sure the 737s feature 230v sockets under the seats. You wouldn't know they're there unless you went looking for them though. Can't remember about USB but will take a look tomorrow.

My gripe with Cityhopper flights out of AMS is the inevitable bus to the plane with the associated free-for-all. IIRC at CDG their transfer busses do have a SkyPriority section at the back, as to whether anybody pays attention to it though...

At least when booking KLM you have the option to choose a seat. In my experience the majority of AF/HOP flights intra-EU are 'seat selection at check-in only'.
I've had Cityhopper flights board from the terminal directly, on the far side of B gates.

Seat selection I think is possible with AF but more expensive than KL.