FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 adult, 2 kids in car seats on an Embraer ERJ-175
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:57 am
ssaguirre

Question 1 adult, 2 kids in car seats on an Embraer ERJ-175

Someone prep me on what to expect if I am flying alone with 2 kids car seats on a smaller regional jet with only 2 seats per row. My oldest is 5 yrs old, but only 33lbs/39" tall, so not big enough to be safely restrained by the lap belt and my youngest is even smaller, still rf. We are regular travelers, with compact travel seats, so I am not concerned about anything except how to position the car seats so I can use them, but so it also make sense. Not using either seat is not really an option to me. I usually specifically book us on larger jet liners to avoid this dilemma either way.
My instinct is to seat them together in a row, rf toddler in the window seat and ff 5yr old in the aisle, me sitting across the aisle, on the aisle seat.
Will the FA's let me do this? The argument against any carseat in any seat but the window is that the potential for the carseat to block exit in an emergency, but my ff travel seat is a Cosco Finale and has a 7"x12" seat base...it will not overhang the airplane seat in any direction, at all. I realize logic is lost in these situations but help me gauge my chances here.