FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLS Las Vegas NV, LEAVING SPG/Marriott Aug 17, 2018 [Master Thread]
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:19 pm
Bravada04

Wow!! Received a fantastic email from the SLS today agreeing to my request while providing a folio showing the adjusted rate with the resort fees removed for my records. Because of my request, (of which I totally understand the receiver would be thinking that this guy is trying to get it even cheaper), the communication from them was outstanding from a customer service perspective. It honestly made me feel like a valued customer regardless of rate. I was totally surprised as they could have responded the exact opposite.............I am excited to try this place out and give them my business. Maybe this place will become my new Vegas home rather than the Westin (I feel the Westin has really been dropping the ball on the SPG loyalty part let alone their customer service lately).

On a side not, I did respond to the SLS email explaining my request and apologized for it. I couldn't bare not mentioning it - it actually bothered me to think "how greedy is this guy!". Totally was not intentional whatsoever - I zipped a quick email back and it seems asking to remove the resort fees is the first thing that comes to mind........but I didn't think about it or do any quick math realizing the request!

Anyway, I am honestly looking forward to visiting the SLS....funny how things work sometimes?