FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Infinite / Automatic Scroll: issues, q&a, disable on desktop version
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:09 pm
GeezerCouple

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Sometime in the recent past, the forum has had an update which removes the links to pages on topics. This is an awkward change that results in a poor, or sometimes unusable interface.

I like to scroll by clicking the center mouse button and dragging down the page. When I do that, additional posts pop onto the screen, adjusting the page length, causing my navigation to bounce everywhere. It is difficult to return to where you started also.

I also run into the problem that when I scroll to the top of the page (using a variety of methods), sometimes the earlier posts don't load, for some reason. Yet the links to other pages are gone. So it is impossible to navigate to those earlier posts!

Finally, if you are in the middle or start of a very long post, and want to jump to the final post, you can't. You have to scroll down, loading every single post, to get there. Or go back to the top menu where the page links happily still exist.

Please disable this function. It is unnecessary and awful. Keep the auto-loading if you must, but at least put the page links back.

Thank you
YES - THIS PROBLEM exactly!

And sometimes, there is NO way at the top of the page to "get back". No way to navigate to other pages in the thread, and no way to click on the "thread title".
When that happens - it's the worst, being intermittent - I usually need to close that tab and just reopen it anew, to get back to "the top".

It just seems "buggy" in a variety of ways, and no clear pattern.
(With a background ages ago in HW/SW QA, I found this was the kind of thing to drive us nuts... the variability of symptoms and of "when it occurs".)

And I just posted elsewhere other problems, but hadn't known for sure whether this (described here) was a "thing" or not.
It's a thing....!

GC