FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS EuroBonus credit cards vs. Coop MedMera Mer (Sweden)
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:27 am
Daner

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
In my case Coop is literally the closest grocery store, on a direct path between my house and the closest public transportation. They also have a free underground parking garage, which is appreciated on days like today when it is windy and -13c. Besides all that, my daughter works there as a cashier and her boss is a friend of mine, so doing most of our shopping there helps keep me in their good graces.

On a side note, being a cashier at Coop my daughter asks each customer if they are a member, so that they have the chance to register their purchase and be awarded points. I tried to convince her (and her boss) to enter my membership number for all transactions for all customers who are not members, but neither of them thought it was a good idea.

I don't know the answer to your questions regarding cash, as I have shifted to using cards and Swish instead of cash whenever possible. Much easier to get away with here in Sweden than it is in most other places that I have been recently.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
But are the points for buying groceries mainly from Coop more valuable than buying the same or substitutes groceries from say Willys and losing out on the Coop points? It may depend upon how inconvenient and bad the most relevant Willys is.

Does taking cash out when buying groceries with the Amex count for earning points via the Amex spend (of groceries+cash withdrawal on same receipt as grocery purchase)?