FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:10 am
johnirvine

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
Last weekend I had my first couple of flights under the new scheme, ATH-LON and return. The outbound trip was pretty straight forward: I paid for 5F, up front seats only 2/3 full so my middle seat was empty. I also felt the legroom increased. I mean, I'm not happy for having to pay for a seat that was free until now but I did enjoy the online seat booking process and overall experience was more than ok.

The inbound flight was another story. When booking, I only got availabilities for seats behind the second doors. I ended up in 11F, not too bad but definitely less enjoyable; standard seats were cramped. What was weird is that the up front seats where again only 2/3 full; so why didn't I see any available seats when booking? I called Aegean to find out, they said I should have called them prior to the flight. Indeed I should have, but at the time I thought it was one of these LHR-ATH with 8+ rows of business. Anyway, my best guess is the booking system is still being optimised.
So you also feel that the upfront legroom has increased. And like K.Louis you felt that the overall experience was 'more than OK'. Once more Flyertalk posters have actually experienced the difference between upfront seating and the new downgraded standard seating (in my view), I believe that the modest extra charge for A3*G cardholders will be seen as good value for money.