FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:36 pm
Crisu69

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by spec119
If you add up all the extra fares it comes to quite a chunk and imo outweighs the current benefits of platinum QRPC which seems to get worse as time progresses
well i am QR Platin and must admit i am not happy QR cut here a little and there but on my regular routings i could redeem all my miles +Qcredits up to now.
indeed i have only ~35k miles right now to redeem and 5 Qcredits will expire in 1
months which i could not redeem the last year but then i will get 60 more because platin will be extended for 1 more year.

in future i will not have accesd to AM in doha with an upgraded J ticket, but OK i will survive this and as platin i will still have access to the 'first class' lounge there and while in BKK for example i will still have access to cathy pacific lounge (which i prefer) there even if in Y fligt.
anyway i try not to have many hours of connection time in doha or other airports. 1-3 drinks in the lounge, mybe shower and then lets go to the next flight.

right now i am planing my next flights and found some nice award possibilities from LHR to bkk in A380, A350 and 787 which are still very nice QR birds, good on board service and still competitive prices. I will redeem my current miles and that one that i will receive tomorrow for my paid J flight from EU to bkk. Thats still not enough for upgrade the complete flight because i am short of miles but hopefully in 1 month when i get the new Qcredits because extension of platin the award is still available.

There has to be much more cutting or price increasing from QR to get me switch to another airline.