FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA departure counter at FCO
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:23 pm
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Jasper2016
The American Airlines website for FCO states that their departure counter doesn't open until 7:30.

Our flight is scheduled to leave at 9:00 from Terminal 3. Logistically...how is it possible to check bags, go thru security and arrive at the departure gate in an hour and a half ??

I have also read that there is a shuttle type train out to the gates ??
I wouldn't worry about it at all. While your town of I presume Portland, has one of the best airports in the USA, Rome's airport is pretty unreal in its efficiency. The counter will open when it should. Just get there a little early so that you are not at the end of a line. You do not need to be at the physical departure gate an hour and a half before the flight. If you have a flight from Rome all the way to the USA, which is unlikely on AA, they will start boarding 45-60 minutes before departure. The shuttle train comes every few minutes and only takes you a few hundred yards. When one shuttle leaves, the next one is about to arrive. Don't worry.

I wish I was in Rome right now, where an extremely rare snow storm has closed down the airport, and has children enjoying having a rare snowball fight in the historic center.

Last edited by Perche; Feb 26, 2018 at 2:02 pm