FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does AAA/CAA have reciprocal agreement with Australian counterpart?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by number_6
Every car rental that I've had in Oz (dozens but admittedly only from the majors, Hertz, Avis, Europcar) has included free on-road assistance, had thought this was just standard policy in Oz. This free coverage is unlimited distance; my AAA coverage has a distance limitation (20 miles for normal, can get longer for higher fee but max is something like 200 miles which is not long enough in some parts of Oz ).
The person at the budget toll-free number stated that there was a fee for roadside assistance - but he could have been wrong.
I will ask CAA, and get back to you. But I was hoping that someone on this bulletin board would have had personal experience with at least renting a car in Australia and learning whether the Royal Automobile Club or equivalent does give services to AAA/CAA cardholders/members.

I believe my wife has the CAA card with roadside assistance available up to 200 miles; my card (by choice) limits one to 20 miles.