FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL enhancements
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:05 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I guess the point here is that BA are competing with LCCs who don't have to bear costs of lounge access at all, and the fliers they are looking for are the vast body of "normal" people who might otherwise select EasyJet or Norwegian, etc.

If you're a business traveller, essentially you'll be bound by corporate policy, which may be to select BA (if they've done their job well at the top of the ladder), or more usually for business SH, "select the cheapest". BA will pick up business from both of those scenarios if they are price-competitive, with or without lounge access being granted. And if they are price competitive they will also be picking up business from LCCs.

Another alternative is the "Admiral's Club" model where drinks and food are seriously restricted, but there is space to work. Or an additional charge on the ticket to allow lounge access in the low cost buckets, same as you can pay extra for luggage now.

I just don't see the current model where every silver and their mate has free rein whatever they've paid for the ticket being sustainable. I don't want things to change - not at least until I have the recipe for Cathay Delights - but at present this is a bit of a one way street towards the BA status holders.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...y-delight.html