Make your own Cathay Delight

Old Dec 14, 02, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: statusless these days
Make your own Cathay Delight

The recipe published in my local tabloid.

Cathay Delight

2 teaspoons Coconut Milk
4 Tablespoons fresh milk
1/2 cup Kiwi juice
3 mint leaves for garnish

Combine liquid ingredients in a cocktail shaker with crushed ice. Strain into a wine glass. Garnish with mint leaves.

Recommended appetisers:
parmesan cheese cup with shrimp
scallop and asparagus with sundreid tomato dressing
Old Dec 14, 02, 10:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
CATHAY PACIFIC PASSENGERS CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS IN STYLE WITH EXCLUSIVE COCKTAIL RECIPES
Dec 05, 2002

'Tis the season for some festive cheer, and what better way to celebrate than by offering guests a selection of original and exclusive cocktails for the holidays?

Cathay Pacific Airways is serving up two signature cocktails to First and Business Class passengers one alcoholic and one non-alcoholic that were the winners of a specially organized Cocktail Competition held in conjunction with the Hong Kong Bartenders Association. The airline, which regularly wins awards for the superior quality of its food and beverage, is releasing the original cocktail recipes in time for the holiday season.

The winning cocktail Pacific Sunrise - was created by Hau Wai Ma, Bar Captain at the famous Hong Kong Jockey Club. It is a decadent and tasty blend of Champagne and Drambuie, garnished with the zest of lemon and orange peel.

The winning non-alcoholic cocktail Cathay Delight - was created by Eleanor Lau, Assistant Manager at the Park Lane Hotel. It is a festive green drink made from coconut milk, fresh milk and kiwi juice, topped with a garnish of mint leaves.

Cathay Pacific offers the only double daily non-stop Boeing 747-400 service from Los Angeles to Hong Kong, daily non-stop Boeing 747-400 from San Francisco to Hong Kong, daily direct Boeing 747-400 service from New York to Hong Kong and daily non-stop Boeing 747-400 service from New York to Vancouver onboard one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world.

Recipes

Pacific Sunrise
oz. Drambuie
Champagne
4 pieces each of lemon and orange zest
Pour the Drambuie in a champagne flute. Top up with champagne and garnish with the lemon and orange zest.

Cathay Delight
5ml coconut milk
35 ml fresh milk
60 ml kiwi juice
3 or 4 mint leaves for garnish

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with four or five ice cubes. Shake well and serve in a wine glass. Garnish with mint leaves.

-end-

http://www.cathay-usa.com/about/loca...ease.asp?idx=1
Old Dec 14, 02, 11:15 pm

Many thanks for posting this Terenz and Francophile! Just in time for the holidays, the frequent flyer version of egg nog.
Old Dec 16, 02, 9:27 am

Programs: AA 3MM CK, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, GP Courtesy Card, Marriott LT Titanium
hmmm... those two have been served in CX F for ages....
Old Dec 17, 02, 1:04 am

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Sounds good to me. I did like the Pacific Delights I had last month BUT....another question:

I really liked the dinner plates design and would like to know where I could purchase these for my everyday use...any ideas? Thanks
Old Jan 1, 03, 5:25 pm
R&R

Both drinks were nice and the Pacific Sunrise helped bring in 2003, last nite at the Internatinal Date Line. Right on time!

The cavier was a nice touch for the Krug! So I repeated it for the midnight snack!

Old Jun 30, 17, 1:07 pm

I just want to add that I contacted CX and they mentioned that the kiwi juice used is made by Nekta. Unfortunately I can't quite seem to find the brand in the US. Was wondering if anyone on FT might have seen this brand.

It takes quite a long time to juice fresh kiwis...
Old Jul 2, 17, 7:14 am

I swear I saw the CX lounge staff at BKK add green apples to be blended with the kiwis.
Old Jul 11, 17, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Out of curiosity, has Cathay been alternating the cocktails for long? Was surprised to find on my July 1st flight that the usual cocktails weren't available (but coming back in August). Maybe it's just been coincidental that I've flown in the past in months when they were offered.
Old Jul 11, 17, 10:51 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Think it's odd months Oriental Breeze even months Cathay Delight on board.
Old Jul 12, 17, 2:49 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Had a chance to try this on my return flight from YYZ in J class. Was fantastic and surprised they had this as it's normally oriental breeze.

What annoyed me was that my departure flight to YYZ had this on the menu but I was told it's not available.
Old Feb 25, 18, 5:30 pm

For those of us living in the US, where do you get kiwi juice?
qsh and LoveHateRelationship like this.
Old Feb 25, 18, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v View Post
For those of us living in the US, where do you get kiwi juice?
Yes! I haven't been able to find it either, would love to hire this too.
Old Feb 25, 18, 9:27 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Gold, Hyatt Glob
Try squashing a few kiwifruit?
Old Mar 1, 18, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Try squashing a few kiwifruit?
Juicing my own chinese gooseberries is an option but it's so much easier if it came in a tetrapack

Search this Thread
Search Engine: