FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where next?
Thread: Where next?
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:36 pm
eielef

Programs: AR, LA, A3, UT, 6R, U6, PS, SU, and many more
Lightbulb Where next?

I'm fairly new here. I read more that what I post.
I'm 30, I'm in a long relation, and I'm unemployed, that means "on a budget". Just took a time off, to think.
Just four weeks ago, another Sunday morning, I returned from a 6000km road trip to 14 countries (basically the route was Moscow - Tirana).
We did manage to go to the supermarket, got used back to snow and cold, and spent a couple of days just trying to get things done. Wednesday morning (so 31st) we decided to visit an exhibition in Tsaritsyno State (a park in SE Moscow). Going there, I got a voice message from my mother. "I'm feeling very sick, please help me".
Went back home from the metro station, called her, called my dad, sisters, arranged her medical treatment, and waited some painful hours.
By late afternoon (Moscow time) she went on surgery, and according to the doctors, the situation was very serious. Dad asked me to fly ASAP to my hometown, in NW Argentina.
Had no time to think, saw an Iberia flight leaving in 4 hours, DME-MAD-EZE. Bought it. Credit card rejected. Booked it on the phone, paid it cash in the airport.
The flight had a 55 min connection in MAD, but due to late departure, we had only 20 minutes to connect in T4S. My partner was flying with me. No wifi, no roaming.
Flight to Buenos Aires was very uncomfortable, mostly due to having the worse seats of an A332.
As soon as I landed there, I got news: mum died the previous night, as I was flying from Moscow to Madrid.
I couldn't even get a flight to my city that evening, had to wait till the following morning. It was a sad night, a sleepless night again.
I got just on time for the burial. I had to look strong, as I'm the oldest of the family, or whatsoever. I wasn't sure what I had to do there.
After 5 days, I did a roadtrip with my partner on my mothers car to Bolivia. Country 17 in 35 days. I was more depressed than usual.
10 days later, we flew back to Moscow.
And back to peace, back to wait for a call, an interview, something, but nothing happens.

I'm a fairly boring person. I avoid places with people. I don't drink alcohol, don't do drugs, I'm against almost everything modern. I don't like music. I hate sports. I don't walk. I have, for long, stoped enjoying most of things (that's why I quitted my previous position, because I got bored). I have some passion for traveling, but I get exhausted when I'm not the one who is in charge.
And that's the problem of living with my partner. He likes places a bit warmer than Albania, or less communist, or with better food choices (at least something which hasn't been infected with Salmonella). I enjoy kebabs with coke in the street. I love eating in the street, because besides Albania, Montenegro and a few more places, smoking is banned in all the restaurants and I can't live without smoking.

So, I'm clinically depressed. I thought a trip might help. I'd like to do it on my own.
So I thought mixing my amazing driving skills, my beloved car (17 years old, running like a princess), and a couple of flights to no-where, maybe for fulfilling some gaps on my soviet aircraft list.
Maybe Central Asia. I have a good friend in Dushanbe waiting for me. But Dushanbe is a bit far away. So thought maybe driving up to Kazakhstan, and fly a couple of birds there, before getting somehow to Dushanbe. Uzbekistan would be nice. Turkmenistan would be even cooler. And Kyrgyzstan is not, but is the only left. And that would make my country list to 70, not that I care.

So, in comparison to some of you folks, I have unlimited time, and I'm looking for opinions where to go to feel better. My partner even suggested me returning for a while to Argentina to be with my family (or what's left of it), but I have my concerns about returning there, and being a hostage to the heat (summer), the family thing, and realizing that everyone is there working or doing their things, while I'm doing nothing, just wondering around.

Maybe a happier place than Central Asia...

So, I'm open to your comments, if there is any.
I've never expressed my self on this way on any forum, I'm not sure is normal to do so, but well, that's what I've got.

PS: 7:30am, -21`C, and still in no mood of sleeping...