FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need some input from my fellow globalists...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:20 am
Biggamer3

Need some input from my fellow globalists...

My brother just got married and is flying to Hawaii for his honeymoon. I told him I would book him his hotel on my points as a wedding gift and he'll get the upgraded suite using one of my suite upgrades. I made the reservation for regular room using my points and then I called up customer service to change the name on reservation to his name. They did that no problem, but they told me that they can't apply the suite upgrade certificate to his name anymore since that can only be applied to my reservations under my name.
name. She double checked to make sure that was the rule and she said that it was.

My question is, I want to guarantee he gets the suite when he shows up, and not up to their discretion to upgrade him. So should I just cancel that reservation now, rebook one, add my certificate to my name for suite upgrade and then call up the hotel to add his name as an additional so that he can check in to the suite when he arrives there?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.