FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines B787-10 Intro
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:08 pm
djsflynn

Singapore Airlines Boeing 787-10 delivery flight

I'll be on the delivery flight of Singapore Airlines' first Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner, so I thought it'd be good to share some of the details for those who're interested.
  • The delivery ceremony proper takes place at Boeing's Charleston, South Carolina facility (where the -10s are assembled) on the evening of March 26.
  • We depart CHS at 2300-ish (emphasis on the -ish, could be a bit after midnight on March 27, and flight number TBA) and will make a short 'tech stop' to refuel at Osaka (no time advised as yet).
  • After that, it's onwards to Singapore for the official welcome event at Changi's JetQuay VIP terminal on the morning of March 28, although the 787-10 will detour via T2 for passengers who wish to disembark at that stage rather than continue onto the welcome event.
  • There will be a seperate invitation-only preview event for SQ's high-rating PPS Club members on the evening on March 28, which is also being held at JetQuay.
And within reason, I'm happy to answer reasonable questions about the delivery flight, especially from a media famil / press 'junket' perspective.