Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Singapore Airlines brand new B787-10 Intro

Singapore Airlines brand new B787-10
First route SIN-KIX 3Mar18. detail in video link
video link:

Last edited by Lbs890213; Feb 22, 2018 at 10:13 am
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
Honestly, Y class 3-3-3 seating in B787 doesnt seem to be very comfortable or tempting to me.
davidj1 and kaffir76 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kazuwox
Honestly, Y class 3-3-3 seating in B787 doesnt seem to be very comfortable or tempting to me.
i will recomemend b787 aircraft because the dryness in the cabin really big different from old aircraft.whenever i sleep in old aircraft, i always wake up in the mid flight due to too dry in my throat. but i dont find this issue in b787. somemore SQ econ seat pitch is nice for me, 183cm tall
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by kazuwox
Yes agreed, shame that SQ didn't tread in JL's footsteps and opt for 8 across. I guess the margins are too thin, and this is predominantly this is for short-medium haul routes. Although, to be honest I don't find the seating comfort on the 787's I've been on terribly different to SQ's A330's that they will be replacing.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:08 pm

Singapore Airlines Boeing 787-10 delivery flight

I'll be on the delivery flight of Singapore Airlines' first Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner, so I thought it'd be good to share some of the details for those who're interested.
  • The delivery ceremony proper takes place at Boeing's Charleston, South Carolina facility (where the -10s are assembled) on the evening of March 26.
  • We depart CHS at 2300-ish (emphasis on the -ish, could be a bit after midnight on March 27, and flight number TBA) and will make a short 'tech stop' to refuel at Osaka (no time advised as yet).
  • After that, it's onwards to Singapore for the official welcome event at Changi's JetQuay VIP terminal on the morning of March 28, although the 787-10 will detour via T2 for passengers who wish to disembark at that stage rather than continue onto the welcome event.
  • There will be a seperate invitation-only preview event for SQ's high-rating PPS Club members on the evening on March 28, which is also being held at JetQuay.
And within reason, I'm happy to answer reasonable questions about the delivery flight, especially from a media famil / press 'junket' perspective.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:54 am

I look forward to reading your report as my upcoming SIN-BKK flights in April are now on the 787-10 Dreamliner.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Anyone going on the first flight?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
We've rounded up what we already know and various other speculations in this article - including the expected long queues for the economy toilets and Perth launches 7th May with loads of redemption availability.

Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:19 pm

Most people try to love the new release product, but my scepticism is in overdrive. Do we need mixed expectations following the A380 new product release, A350 release, and general (non-SIA) 787 flop?

Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
expected long queues for the economy toilets
Red flag right here, although has SIA confirmed this in writing anywhere?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by davidj1
Most people try to love the new release product, but my scepticism is in overdrive. Do we need mixed expectations following the A380 new product release, A350 release, and general (non-SIA) 787 flop?

Red flag right here, although has SIA confirmed this in writing anywhere?
Yes, the seat map has been published by SIA showing 5 toilets to 301 economy passengers, a ratio 60:1, compared to 36:1 on current A330 used on regional services.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:58 am

On the plus side, the business class toilet ratio is better than the A350.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by djsflynn
I'll be on the delivery flight of Singapore Airlines' first Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner, so I thought it'd be good to share some of the details for those who're interested.
  • The delivery ceremony proper takes place at Boeing's Charleston, South Carolina facility (where the -10s are assembled) on the evening of March 26.
  • We depart CHS at 2300-ish (emphasis on the -ish, could be a bit after midnight on March 27, and flight number TBA) and will make a short 'tech stop' to refuel at Osaka (no time advised as yet).
  • After that, it's onwards to Singapore for the official welcome event at Changi's JetQuay VIP terminal on the morning of March 28, although the 787-10 will detour via T2 for passengers who wish to disembark at that stage rather than continue onto the welcome event.
  • There will be a seperate invitation-only preview event for SQ's high-rating PPS Club members on the evening on March 28, which is also being held at JetQuay.
And within reason, I'm happy to answer reasonable questions about the delivery flight, especially from a media famil / press 'junket' perspective.
Out of curiosity, how does one get a ticket on such a flight? Engineer, senior Boeing / SIA staff, or press?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by elleana
or press?
Press is so last century.

These days it's bloggers that get the invites to the big PR events (or at least those with lots of followers).
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Red face

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Press is so last century.

These days it's bloggers that get the invites to the big PR events (or at least those with lots of followers).
I saw the aircraft at the Dubai Air Show in her original Boeing scheme and Boeing Experimental registration. She was all white and shiny with Dubai Air Show stickers on the fuselage on each side.

She was there for the first two days of the trade show only, after which they flew her back to Charleston in the evening to be taken to the paint shop.

Nice looking aircraft. I inaugurated the -8 with ANA and the -9 with Air France. I will miss out on the -10 with Singapore Airlines. I was just in Singapore for the air show. No B787-10.

Makes good sense as they will have her there every day all the time.

Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by elleana
Out of curiosity, how does one get a ticket on such a flight? Engineer, senior Boeing / SIA staff, or press?
Press (although the modern term might be 'media', as 'press' implies print which is sadly losing primacy to online-only, although of course 'online' can as much mean 'traditional' journalism as a blogger or even that idiotic waste-of-space-and-oxygen category of scam-artistes known as 'influencers').

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.