FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:21 am
blackball

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by Nick David
Here comes the generic response to my feedback:

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thank you very much for contacting us, regarding our new Seat Pre-selection Service in order to share your comments with us.

Our intention is to make it easier for both our loyal members and the rest of the passengers who choose us to travel, by activating this new service that allows our passengers to preselect the ideal position, which is already being applied by many other international carriers.

Furthermore, we would like to clarify that there are three available types of seats: Up Front, Extra Legroom and Standard Seats. You can always pre-select a Standard Seat for free when traveling in Economy Class and only if you choose one of the Up Front or Extra Legroom Seats in our Airbus fleet, charges apply.

Nevertheless, we would like to assure you that as soon as we received your message, with the related remarks and observations, we have shared them with the relevant department of our company.

Mr. XXX, we would like to thank you once again for taking the time to contact us in order to provide us with your feedback and remain at your disposal for any future assistance you may need.

Yours Sincerely,

As I said earlier, unless there is a change of policy, I shall refrain from making any new bookings and limit my A3 flights to the 4 annual segments booked based on the e-voucher redemption availability.
I was fairly lukewarm about all this at first, but now that all the details have emerged, I am infuriated. A3 is getting rid of everything we love about it. Calling it now: The Gold (re-)qualification threshold will be increased in the not-so-distant future.

In my email to them, I will include a statement like "I know that..." and include all the details in the generic email. Let's see if they answer me with the same thing.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Feb 21, 2018 at 9:39 am Reason: Remove agent’s name from quote per privacy policy