FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:02 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by danielonn
Stop it with the complaints please. Are you expecting a 4 star Michelin rated meal? My fellow FTers I know fine dining and I have learned to curb my expectations. Domestic First class except for D1 will never be like International First Class.. When the Flight Attendant comes around with the choices please accept them graciously.
Look. Delta has seriously raised expectations because of the way it has promoted its food and drinks the last few years now. Five years ago, I wouldn't have waited for the flight to eat. Now, the meal and drinks are, at least 75% of the time, as good as what I could get from the lousy airport restaurants. Yes, there are some bad meals or bad wines, but by and large things are much improved. Still, Delta and Delta alone has raised expectations, especially in routes firth Delta One business-class service.

Delta would be well-served to finally allow passengers to pre-order exactly what they want, even if it involved a small nominal charge.