FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why isn't Emirates rated a five star airline on Skytrax?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:49 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by amnicoll
Interesting conversation - all airlines have faults but what is missing is exactly what objective measures SkyTrax use to pass judgement and how they weight the factors and unfortunately they fail to tell us. For a long while (and for all I know still do) Etihad premium passengers transferring at Abu Dhabi were forced to queue for security with economy passengers as there was no separate queue for the premium scanners (yes they had scanners for premium passengers just not a separate queue). In addition unless you went to board early again there was usually no premium priority and the 777s all used one entrance for everyone even though at Manchester and Bangkok both doors were used for boarding and exit. Somehow though they get 5 stars.

I wonder if 1-2-1 or 2-2-2 in business is a criteria but I must say that as a customer I would look for 1-2-1 if it is practical.
More than 1-2-1 or 2-2-2 etc I think what matters is direct aisle access. 2-2-2 can offer direct aisle access, I think it's the Apex suites? EK on the A380 has something similar (but not quite as they're still separate rows), I'm perfectly happy with that vs 1-2-1 as the entire point of 1-2-1 is to have direct aisle access, as long as a 2-2-2 offers that and enough personal space and privacy... so it's also up to the "soft" factors as to perceived space and comfort, and that'll have to be scored by a human in their subjective view