Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Why isn't Emirates rated a five star airline on Skytrax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Why isn't Emirates rated a five-star airline on Skytrax?

Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Because EK has not paid off the lie-trax cretins and I respect them for it.
ElJudioErrante and davidj1 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by DatBoi
Actually a fair point, i once looked into the workings of Skytrax and was quite shocked with my findings. Ironic how EY left as they weren't happy, then came back and got a 5 star rating ?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Actually a fair point, i once looked into the workings of Skytrax and was quite shocked with my findings. Ironic how EY left as they weren't happy, then came back and got a 5 star rating ?
DatBoi told you how it works
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
DatBoi told you how it works
Think you may of misinterpreted my post, i was merely agreeing with him ?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
All of these Awards and rankings (Airlines, Schools, Financial Services, You Name It) are either (i) ad driven business that will take cash or (ii) come up with completely different system just so to be different. I've stopped paying attention. Lobbying is even a thing now with the Oscars ...

My firm regularly gets emails saying "Congratulations! You've been nominated for X Award!"... followed by "Get a full page ad in our magazine for only $$$$". We never spend any money. Somehow we never from them till the next year. [On another note, the airline in-flight mags love to offer-up CEO profiles, so next time you read one, it's most likely a paid/promoted/PR piece]

Last edited by extramileage; Feb 13, 2018 at 9:57 pm Reason: oops
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DatBoi
such a great post 👍🏻
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
As a market research I have looked at Skytrax and they refuse to divulge their methodology making it difficult to evaluate and thus I pay no attention to it. The Etihad example is illuminating as they made a big thing about pulling out from the rankings and then lo and behold they came back a year later and surprise surprise they got their 5 stars.What changed in the methodology that Etihad were so critical of?

perhaps Emirates should publicly withdraw from the rankings
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by amnicoll
perhaps Emirates should publicly withdraw from the rankings
And not come back! Skytrax are a complete waste of time and bandwidth!
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by thijsseh
And not come back!
Unless they suddenly get their 5 star status!!!!

I do think there is a place for something like skytrax - benchmarking in any industry is valuable but the methodology must be open and transparent to all
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:22 am

I have submitted one airline report to SKYTRAX. It was edited, without acknowledgment, and the editing was so badly done it actually altered some of my opinions. At the time I felt it was careless and not mischievous but I have never ever subitted anything again.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
So, are we to take all the negative reviews that Emirates seem to be receiving on Skytrax with a large pinch of salt?
Reading their reviews actually put me off using them this year and am using SQ instead, despite the fact that my mother in law has nothing but great things to say about them.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:28 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Ratings given by Skytrax should be, in my opinion completely ignored. How is EY even close to being a 5-star airline?? They're a shameless organization and it surprises me that anyone actually takes them seriously.

In saying that, I don't think Emirates is a five star airline. There is so much for them to improve on before I would consider them 5-star, particularly their service, which is hit and miss at best.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:26 am

If we're talking about substantive reasons why EK might not be a 5-star, then I would say that having angled flat on a significant proportion of their fleet must surely count as a pretty big reason in this day and age. All of QR and EY's long-haul fleet are fitted with fully flat.

Whilst service in F has been generally decent, I have also found service in J to be distinctly unimpressive.
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by stargold
If we're talking about substantive reasons why EK might not be a 5-star, then I would say that having angled flat on a significant proportion of their fleet must surely count as a pretty big reason in this day and age. All of QR and EY's long-haul fleet are fitted with fully flat.
It's not so much the angled flat seats (the angle is hardly noticeable IMO), it's having 7 across seating in J that seems like a decade behind the times.
NoY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.