FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:04 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
except I wasn't a business traveler on this flight (going skiing in Park City for the holiday weekend on a Friday evening) and dressed very casually. Not really sure what business v leisure has to do with it, but a simple tap on the shoulder would have been appreciated. I couldn't have been asleep for more than 10-15 mins tops.

For every person that wants to be woken up there is another who would be upset to be bothered. The FA can't win here. That being said, in all of my flying experience, I've never seen an FA wake a passenger for a meal unless the pax requests to woken up. Instead, I have always seen an FA (usually very cheerfully) offer to get the pax a meal after they wake up, even if it's much later in the flight.

I understand wishing you had gotten the other meal, but I don't think the FA did anything wrong (nor did the people in front of you do anything wrong by being children who enjoy salad).