FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:25 am
oliver2002
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Nope; you have to buy the AirFrance codeshare if you want TGV'Air from Helsinki. This is one of my pet peeve Blue Wings magazine did advertise Lille a few years back. It said fly to CDG and buy TGV ticket separately.

However, to be fair:
  • Last time I checked, no European carriers other than AirFrance provides that service. All the other ones are for long-haul connections only.
  • The rail segments are only available a few months ahead, much later than flights. And I tend to book too early anyway due to high travel seasons (Xmas, Easter).
  • The cheaper rail prices do not seem to be available to airlines. CDG-XDB can often be had for 35-45€/RT if booked early.
In Germany most airlines arriving in FRA offer rail & fly, where for a small addition of 35-40€ you can go to QYG, ie to all of Germany in 1st or 2nd class.: https://accesrail.com/products/db-rail-fly/

LH has been offering AirRail (now LH Express Rail) on LH flight numbers from/to FRA and Köln, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Karlsruhe & Mannheim.