FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to guard against delays and cancellations
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:12 am
knav2013

Originally Posted by Firemansam
Ok so you really are over thinking this to the extreme...
No, no. I'm being cautious. It's okay for you guys with your EU consumer protection and AU (Australian) consumer protections. Over here, no such thing. we have to kiss our money good bye (although in fairness, I did read a report where Vietjet had compensated customers for a severe delay - wasn't much through). No real complaints procedure either. I remember complaining about a Vietnamese flight attendant being rude. Vietnamese airlines didn't reply.

BTW, I take it you've had a cancellation amongst all those flights you've taken, but not actually checked how it appears on flightradar?

Also, I don't understand what you mean by
...but if it was me I would be happy to buy those flights if needed.
Earlier you said go with a different carrier if I'm worried about booking with VietJet. Now that I've told you the other carrier (MAS), youre saying you would buy either Vietjet or MAS? Now I feel that paying extra and going with MAS would be a waste of money because you seem to be implying they are both the same. (perhaps MAS isn't value for money)