FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 777
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:13 pm
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
Apologies if this has been answered but more looking for opinions as well.

On a 3 class 777 from LGW to JFK on Friday 23/02 in Y.

I am booked into 15J which has only one seat next to it, rather than 2 and the seat map for the flight on EF is looking quite empty in Y but the seat next to me is blocked out so won't be for me.

The alternative is to move into 16C. 16B appears available at the moment so could be blocked out for me as a GCH if not taken? 16C also appears to have no seat in front of it? I recently flew on an older 747 back from Denver with no seat in front of me in an economy row and found it perfect actually (I'm 6ft 3 and generally find I leg stretching/extra legroom essential), particularly as seat next to me was blocked for me.

What would you guys do? I haven't actually flown a 3 class 777 for years
Sounds like the old configuration 40J 3 class but in a heartbeat I would nab 16C (or H) which as you say has no seat in front of it. I was in a similar seat to/from Mauritius (17H in the 48J version)

Having no seat is a great bonus and put a rucksack down with jersey/jacket in it [insert your choice here] to rest your legs and it's a great seat.

The bulkhead does not allow you to stretch out and at 6'3 that's a 110% no, no no and would make it a very uncomfortable flight for you. There is a missing window there but legroom trumps this in my book.

thebasource