FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:01 am
Hippster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ECR
I do really wish they would add a lifetime tracker, in the same way that some of the airlines have. It would really encourage additional stays after the yearly target has been met. The lifetime tracker on my airline programme has that effect, even though realistically I never reach the target, it is still something to work towards.

I also think having a lifetime tier below diamond would also encourage additional stays that might otherwise have gone elsewhere. I can understand them not having lifetime gold as benefits are quite costly (i.e. breakfast or 1000 points). Lifetime silver though would have very little cost, but would still be a target to work towards at maybe 500 nights.
Agree 100% on the first part. If you see the finish line you work to get there!

As a diamond between 500-1000 nights with a ways to go, it semi annoys me that Hilton's bar is 1000 nights for diamond, with no lifetime gold. Starwood is 500 nights for platinum and Marriott is 750. Starwood is only 250 nights for gold while Marriott's threshold is 500. Marriott does give silver at 250 nights. Not sure why Hilton decided on 1000 with no lower tiers. I certainly wish there were as I'd be through a few of them by now.