FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:06 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by GDL
Had a person throwing around the DYKWIA twice at beginning of UA 869 on 16Feb. Light loads in Y meant many folks, including myself, had whole rows to themselves in E+. Fella approaches me during boarding and tells me that I would have to switch my empty row (D,E,F,G seats) for his (J,K,L seats) because he is now a Platinum elite and he can choose whichever seat he wants in E+. I laughed at him, maybe even laughed a little too long. He proceeded to tell me I should be ready to move as soon as an FA came over and he'd tell them what his plan was. Of course that never happened. And then towards end of boarding he then gets into an argument with another passenger over the use of an overhead bin. According to Mr. Platinum, the bin is reserved solely for his use only, once again repeating the same line he tried to feed me--I am a Platinum elite.
My confusion from stories like this is that I suspect he truly thought what he was saying was true. So where do people get the idea that this would be the system? I personally believe humility can go a long way on these situations but no one can truly be that idiotic. Right?