FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade with miles - availbility
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:12 pm
skimthetrees

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by JorgeGomez
Sorry I wrote it wrong. The route is BOG-CDG. It's my return flight. The outbound flight is already upgraded. But I did the same like you. Experflyer shows availbilty O9. It is also possible to book an award ticket. But the FB service center cannot upgrade the flight because the system don't shows availability. I called again and mentioned that it is possible to book an award ticket and that booking class O is available. The agent told me that is right, but in booking class O there are contingents for upgrades and contingens for award tickets. The contingent for award tickets is still available but the contingent for upgrades is sold out. So that should be the problem.
I have a married ticket, right. It is BOG-CDG-DUS. But this should not be a problem, because I could upgrade the outbound flight CDG-BOGand the agent was only looking for upgrade the the long haul flight BOG-CDG she told me.
Ah, this is exactly the problem -- married segments. There is O9 BOG-CDG but there is O0 BOG-DUS via CDG. You will have to get AF to unmarry the segments in order to upgrade BOG-CDG.