FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Platinum Sign Up Bonus Removed After Review
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:49 pm
kutzsche

My saga continues. I am now at 6000 spent vs the 1000 spending requirement and no bonus. I spoke to them 6 times now and 2 different supervisors. They just don't care, they always give me the excuse that oh, there was a $200 return amongst your 6k spent and per our policy that triggers an automatic revokation of the bonus points. I asked them to point me to the rules in the fine print that would highlight this, it of course doesn't exist. They told me a week ago that they opened a review and that someone would call me within 3-5 business days. Nobody called me and after 8 days/6 business days so I called them again to inquire. The first response was " that's business days, not days,". When I explained that indeed it has been beyond 5 business days, suddenly the story changed and they told me that in fact it takes 12 days and I will receive a letter. At that point I asked to speak to the supervisor. It was hopeless, he said I need to wait for a letter to arrive. He then told me also that I would have to wait 10 weeks after hitting my spending requirement for points to post. I told him the rules say 6-8 weeks, where does your 10 week come from? He then said, someone must have misinformed me, it's actually 10 weeks. At that point I almost lost it. I told him, excuse me, I always make a copy of the offer details when I apply and I have it right in front of me and it says 6-8 weeks.

Honestly, I am lost at how they operate. It feels like your are dealing with a fraudulent company. The stories and excuses given have changed so many times, this can't be a mistake anymore.

Then at the end the supervisor says, well the good news is, I still have 3 weeks left to "meet the requirements". I ask him, what do you mean, I met the requirements 2 months ago already! And his answer is, well, the other department decides that, not him. The department you can never speak to, that doesn't call you back and will mail me a letter at some point. The letter will probably say. Sorry, you abused your account because you returned 2 pairs of shoes at Nordstrom!